Just 15 Of The Wackiest Cats We Found On The Web This Week
Welcome to This Week In Cats, a new column here at Cuteness!
From funny GIFs and adorable Instagrams to must-see videos and trending memes, we'll be using this space to spotlight the week's best cat-related ephemera, as collected from the social web and internet points both big and small.
Without further adieu then, let's dive into the week's best kitteh content right freaking meow!
1. This bro taught his kitteh to fist-bump and now I'm super jeally. #squadgoals
2. Here's a cat wearing a helmet fashioned from an orange. YOU'RE WELCOME.
3. "Oh, human, save me!": Some garbage human threw a pregnant cat off a bridge in Destin Harbor, Florida but this passing charter boat captain was there to rescue her.
4. If that last beat made your blood boil, this next one will help you simmer down.
5. On a related note, here is a very chill, very pampered cat getting tucked into bed.
6. The Algonquin, a chic, 181-room hotel in Manhattan that dates to 1902, is saying goodbye to its resident cat-in-chief, Matilda (left), later in August after seven years of service. Into her role will slink Hamlet (right), a feral stray found living earlier this year on Long Island.
As you can see, he's already hard at work mastering the complexities of his new position. All the cat power to The Gothamist for the scoop.
7. A 31-pound "flabby tabby" dubbed Mr. Handsome (LOL!) has been adopted by a family in North Carolina. Interest in the portly puss spiked last month after images posted by his former shelter went viral.
8. And the Oscar (Oscat?) for Most Dramatic Performance goes to ...
9. Content marketers are insatiable monsters and this tweet is the proof 😉
10. tfw you see your ex on a date with someone hot (hover ovah 2 pley).
11. BREAKING: Here's a live look at my editor, Ryan, trying to keep me on deadline.
12. This woman's open letter to her pet sitter, excerpted below, is hilarious. And 100 percent satirical. Or so we think/hope/pray ...
"Welcome to our house. We have 42 cats. They are JJ, Squirts, Little Tommy, Diarrhea Paul, Tater and the rest are named after all of the former members of Menudo. Tater is missing his back legs (he came that way) but we made him peg legs out of old chicken bones. You can hear him coming unless he's on carpet. Then he'll sneak up on you. Unless he's eaten the chicken legs. Then you have to get new ones and reattach, as usual.
I know you're technically a "pet sitter" but we always leave a sandwich out for the ghost of Michael Jackson. If you don't mind, I mean. Also, please sing to the soul of my Aunt Susan. She is not at peace. We captured her soul in a box under the stairs but she's tenacious. She might possess you. Do not listen if she starts talking to you. Maybe consider saying Lord's Prayer and burning some sage before you leave so her spirit doesn't follow you home. Up to you. I don't want to tell you how to do your job. You're the professional."
13. Cutest. Ear. Wiggles. Ever!
14. That's one weird looking kangaroo. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
15. File under Moms Are The Best, example #23824.
That's it for this week! Got something we should feature in the next installment of This Week In Cats? Tip us: hello [at] cuteness.com!