You Won’t Believe What This Woman Did For A Snail She Accidentally Stepped On

By Kayleigh Roberts

We hear lots of stories about good Samaritans swooping in to help dogs and cats in need, but one very dedicated animal lover in Israel recently went the extra mile. According to The Dodo, a woman stepped on a snail in her yard, shattering his shell.

Instead of leaving him to fend for himself, she rushed him to the vet for help.

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

Thankfully, the veterinarians at the HaClinica animal hospital in Tel Aviv, Israel were on the case and immediately went to work repairing the snail's shell.

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

The vets documented the meticulous process of fixing the shell on Facebook.

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

"For the broken shell, we need a combination of patience and finesse with epoxy glue" the clinic wrote, as translated by Israeli blog From The Grapevine. "We make sure the glue stays outside the shell and does not penetrate the inner patch."

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

The snail, for his part, waited very patiently while the vets worked their magic. The patience paid off, and he was able to move back into his old home.

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

The vets say he isn't out of the woods yet — full recovery could take months — but he's doing better every day.

This Snail Waited Patiently While Vets Repaired His Broken Shell
credit: Facebook

Are you interested in learning more about what you're reading? Then scroll through this article about what it means when your pet doesn't remember you. Also, like us on Facebook and join our newsletter to learn more about your pet's behavior.