We've all heard of tall tales, but what about, well, tall tails? The Guinness Book of World Records just released its 63rd (!!!) edition and it includes a new entry for the domesticated cat with the longest tail. The winner? Cygnus, a Michigan kitty with a 17-inch tail, reports People .
Check out Cygnus' tail in all its stretched-out glory:
Cygnus definitely reigns supreme in the long tail club, but he's not the only member. Here are 12 other cats with impressively-long tails.
1. Mao is like, "Hello...my eyes are up HERE."
2. Check out this perfect backwards J.
3. When you literally have to drape your tail over your back because it's so long.
4. Some cats are so proud of their long tails, they show them off as much as possible.
5. Sometimes we see a cat with a long tail, and we have to look REALLY close to make sure it's not photoshopped.
6. "I know I said, 'take a picture, it'll last longer,' but I didn't think you actually would ... "
7. So anxious just seeing a tail this long NEAR a drawer that could close on it, TBH.
8. "What are you looking at? Is there something on my butt?"
9. When your chair is barely high enough to keep your tail from dragging on the ground.
10. Own it, Kitty. OWN. IT.
11. Casually showing off your tail like.
12. Watch out, Cygnus, because this kitten might just go for your record one day.