Gather ye around the digital water cooler because we have another batch of the cutest, funniest, and weirdest kitteh beats surfacing on the social web.
In this week's column, we have an update on some iconic Florida cats that weathered Hurricane Irma, a kitten cuddle puddle that will make you green with envy, and a hilarious photo in need of captioning.
Settle in, get comfy, and read about all of these very important floofs right meow!
1. Every! Single! Time! #thestruggleisreal
2. One of these things is not like the other. 😂 😂 😂
3. What are these two chatting about? Caption the convo in the comments below!
4. This month's design from Cat Sticker Club hits home if your kitty is a pampered kitty.
For $3.50 every month, you get a new sticker and a portion of the proceeds are donated to shelters and related animal charities. That's what we call a win-win! Subscription details here.
READ ME RIGHT MEOW: The 15 Cats Everyone Will Be Talking About Monday Morning
5. Here's a cat strutting around in a peacock costume. YOU'RE WELCOME.
6. GOOD NEWS: Key West's famed "Hemingway Cats" rode out Hurricane Irma without incident or injury!
In an interview with The New York Times, Dave Gonzales, curator of the Ernest Hemingway Home and Museum, revealed that the polydactyl mousers (reported to be 54 in total!) seemed "preternaturally attuned" to the impending danger:
"When we started to round up the cats to take them inside, some of them actually ran inside knowing it was time to take shelter ... Sometimes I think they're smarter than the human beings."
7. Typically, This Week In Cats is a dog-free space but exceptions will be made from time to time (and this is one of those times).
8. What it looks like when your mother is fostering 10 kittens and 8 of them decide to nap on you simultaneously. #cuddlepuddle
9. If you aren't following Suki the Canadian adventure bengal on Instagram, then what are you even doing with your life?
See mohr pics of Suki here.
10. Because somewhere between solids and liquids is a fourth state of matter hidden to science: cat.
11. Can you jump 10 feet in the air to catch birds? This stunning beast, a Serval that's native to Africa when it's not chilling on a human bed for some reason, can. 😮 😮 😮
12. Gnome, as dwarves like to say, is where the heart is.
13. The news this week that a Silicon Valley startup is hoping to disrupt the bodega/urban convenience store space with branded vending machines triggered a wicked (and deserved) backlash. Twitter had some 🔥 🔥 🔥 takes, including this one. #purrsistance
Learn more about the controversy here.
14. Reminder: Halloween is now 48 days away. Does your pet have a costume yet?
Got something you'd like to see in a future edition of This Week In Cats? Drop us a tip at hello [at] cuteness.com!