Gather ye around the digital water cooler because we have another batch of the cutest, funniest, and weirdest kitteh beats surfacing on the social web.
In this week's column, we have a terrific meme bent around a Tom Hanks flick, an update on Alton Brown and his rescue, Stir-fry, and not one, but two (!) interspecies friendships that will have you reaching for the Kleenex.
Settle in, get comfy, and read about all of these very important floofs right meow!
1. Money rag Forbes has revealed its annual list of "top pet influencers" and some very famous celebri-cats snagged 4 of the 10 slots, including #1.
Click here to see all of the honorees (yes, even, ahem, the doggos).
2. I'll never not share a quality spin on that Captain Phillips meme.
Confused? Get the backstory here.
3. THIS VIDEO OF A SWEET BB NUZZLING WITH HER HUMAN JUST KILLED ME DEAD, SO RIP ME
4. * Spits drink up from uncontrollable laughter *
5. On a related note, this HILARIOUS panel reveals that what's true now, was also true then. #boxgoals
6. Cutest. Coffee. Mug. Ever.
7. Sure, the headlines these days are trash but this very gentle good boy giving his tiny kitten buddy a ride up the stairs will make you smile on the inside.
8. SAD NEWS: Nutmeg, who was thought to be the world's oldest cat at 32 years of age (that's 144 (!!!) in cat years), has shuffled across the rainbow bridge. 😢
Fluffy's World has more on his record-breaking longevity and how he came to be adopted by an English couple in 1990.
9. People have strong feels about the big Twitter news this week (i.e. an impending increase in the number of characters from 140 to 280), but as Cuteness[dot]com contributor Amanda Rock notes, does it even matter?
10. Can you ever have enough cats costumed in dino outfits? (Asking for a fren ... )
Watch the video that the c.m.s. refuses to embed for some strange reason here.
11. "Ready for take off!! ✈" = 😂 😂 😂
12. It's been a while since we checked in on Alton Brown and Stir-fry, his adopted tuxedo cat. Let's see how they're doi-- * immediately keels over from cute overload *
13. Sigh, they grow up so fast these days.
14. If, like cats, I actually had 9 lives, I've used at least three of them putting this column together because this clip of a mom cat nursing some orphaned hedgehogs is just too adorbs and I can't even.
15. And last, but not certainly not least, a reminder that the appetite is real!
Got something you'd like to see in a future edition of This Week In Cats? Drop us a tip at hello [at] cuteness.com!