Animals of all sorts can provide services to their human counterparts. From helping with daily tasks to providing valuable emotional support after traumatic instances or because of mental health issues, these animals make people's lives better.
And they're not just limited to the creatures you've heard of. In fact, here are some of the most surprising and unexpected service animals on record.
5. Hedgehogs: These poky pals can be excellent companions who provide great services to their humans when properly trained.
6. Guinea Pigs: Popular in classrooms across the U.S., guinea pigs can help soothe anxieties and ease the suffering of those with mental health issues.
11. Lizards: If you can get them to provide a clear service, lizards can join the ranks of other fellow service animals.
12. Ferrets: It would be un-ferret (sorry, not sorry) if these sweet critters weren't considered support animals like their furry counterparts.
16. Wallabies: Arguably the least likely critter to be included on this list, Mo Mo the wallaby made waves in 2015 when his person brought him to a Portland Trailblazers game. According to his person, Mo Mo helped reduce her anxiety attacks by 70%. Good job, Mo Mo!