In honor of her birthday, it's important that we remember just how charitable comedian and talk show host Ellen DeGeneres really is. And her generosity extends beyond simple prizes and giveaways (though she does a lot of that). She is also a huge animal lover and goes out of her way to introduce us to some of the cutest furry family members of our favorite celebs.
1. Octavia Spencer's new puppy, Ethel, was shown to the world before she even got it.
2. Kirsten Dunst had some gender identity issues with her cat, Tito.
3. Nicole Kidman has some creative names for her menagerie of pets.
4. Ricky Gervais' cat has a Twitter account.
4. Kat Dennings and Beth Behrs of Two Broke Girls are in love with each other's adorable pets.
5. Zooey Deschanel went from no pets to two sweet sisters for her birthday.
6. Will Smith's animal loving wife, Jada, loves to take in new pets. They even picked up a deaf cat from China without realizing it was hearing impaired.
7. Kaley Cuoco's dog hops in the hot tub every chance she gets.
8. Lena Dunham's rescue dog, Lamby, has some eccentricities, but she loves him just the same.
9. Robert Pattinson rescued a dog from the pound in Louisiana, named him Bear, and now he lives a luxurious life.
10. That time she stole Bo Obama and showed him off on her show.
11. Taylor Swift named her new cat after a beloved TV character, only to have the character's name change shortly thereafter.
12. Jennifer Lawrence embraces her cat's masculine energy.
13. Kristen Bell's dog, Lola, was technically her first child.
14. Sean Hayes holds serious discussions with his Australian Shepherds before walks.
15. Amanda Seyfried's very special fur baby, Finn, can balance all sorts of impressive things on his head.
16. Nathan Lane and Ellen both have dogs named Mabel.
17. Patrick Dempsey saved his puppies from Parvo and adopted a turtle like it was no big deal.
18. Ryan Seacrest actually announced his furry new arrival on Ellen's show.
19. Jonah Hill has no issues referring to his French Bulldog as his daughter.
20. Kerry Washington's dog, Josie, became a diva after Ellen gave her a special chair while on set.
21. Jessica Chastain's dog, Chaplain, tries to sneak in front of audiences whenever he can.
22. John Mulaney's French Bulldog, Petunia, has her own Instagram, which is great considering she's quite a clown.
23. Nicole Richie opened up about her sweet German shepherd right after she got him.
24. Kevin Spacey may play a badass in House of Cards, but he's got a major soft spot for his cuddly dog, Boston.
25. Olivia Munn and Aaron Rodgers rescued the sweetest little floppy-eared friend.
26. Salma Hayek basically runs a small animal farm.
27. Tim Allen has a cat, Joe, that's actually a giant fur monster.
28. Lea Michele and Ellen may disagree on what kind of cat Sheila is, but at least they agree that she's adorable.
29. Ellen is jealous of Jay Leno's black and white cats. And after watching the videos he shared, we totally get why.
30. Sam Smith trained his cat to be a dog.
31. Mandy Moore changed her cat's name based on a pet psychic's advice.
32. Kate Walsh is so obsessed with her cats, Ellen joked it could be affecting her social media following.
33. And, of course, Ellen opened up about her own new dog with Portia de Rossi, Kid.