Cuteness.com is Hiring a Software Engineer!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Love animals? Got software engineering skills? Team Cuteness is looking for you.
Software Engineer, Cuteness.com
Full time position with full suite of benefits including 401(k)
Located in Santa Monica, CA
Local candidates only
Cuteness is a super fun pet community made exclusively for pets and pet people. It's a place where dogs, cats, fish, birds, reptiles, or anything else for that matter can have their own profile page complete with photos, videos, status updates, comments, and more! We are currently developing a marketplace on a Drupal-based community site. The new marketing platform will emphasize inventory management, storefront creation, discount systems management and third-party billing gateway systems. We're looking for some solid history with commerce systems on open-source platforms, but especially across Drupal projects. If you fancy yourself a talented software engineer and love working the front-end as much as the back-end, we want you on our engineering team!
• Work with a team of experienced and dedicated developers in the creation of our next generation platform and tools for artists, mobile optimized sites, and enhancing the e-Commerce platform.
• Build out our high-profile web 2.0 social networking, content management, and commerce on distributed systems using PHP in a LAMP stack.
• Design and code new application features and functionality, writing API's, scalability, and maintainability improvements.
• Bachelor's degree in CS or equivalent experience
• 5+ years experience in designing, developing and delivering engaging user experiences on customer web sites and portals
• Must be able to gather requirements, design, code and test independently as well as work jointly with the team
• Ability to develop, maintain and optimize secure and scalable multi-tier web applications in an agile environment.