Accidents happen, even to the best of pet owners, but that doesn't mean we don't all feel eternally devastated when we accidentally step on our dog's paw (or tail or any body part, really). If you've ever committed this accidental sin, you can relate:
1. You immediately feel like the worst human in the history of ever.
2. Nothing compares.
3. Seriously, nothing.
4. That sound they make is devastating.
5. And you know your dog will never forget.
6. "DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
7. "I'm having an existential crisis over this mistake."
8. There is no such thing as an overreaction.
9. Tears are 100 percent appropriate.
10. "No, not THAT look. Anything but THAT look."
11. "PLEASE LET ME LOVE YOU."
12. "I will literally do anything to make this right."
13. "BREAKING NEWS."
14. "Can I make you understand?"
15. "Because, like, what if I CAN'T?"
16. "Actually, I don't even deserve forgiveness."
17. "I'll just be here if you need me."