Capybaras are the largest rodents in the world. They are also the mellowest rodent in the world.
1. Looking regal as heck.
2. As stoic as a mountain.
3. "This is my pool, but you may join me if you wish."
4. Capybaras are native to South America, but they can still kick it with the Irish.
5. "Lettuce have some lunch, shall we?"
6. What is it about capybaras that make them such good mattresses?
7. These capy babies are still learning how to radiate serenity.
8. "Say 'mush' one more time, monkey. I dare you."
9. They're not mad at you, they're just disappointed.
10. This capybara has chosen to shield itself with the slowest, least threatening army ever.
11. The scientific name for capybara translates to "water pig," but they're more closely related to rats.
12. Just two dudes hanging out at their local watering hole.
13. Aggressively vegetarian.
14. Capybaras can hold their breath underwater for up to five minutes, but they don't like to brag about it.
15. Prepare for the most relaxing sixty seconds of your life.
16. Capybaras: excellent swimmers, terrible accountants.
17. "Very well, human, you may give me scritches."
18. Even though they look like they're judging you, capybaras are actually very sociable and affectionate.
19. In the wild, they live in groups of 10-20.
20. This is definitely the photo they should use on their holiday greeting card.
Do you like what you're reading? Awesome! Like us on Facebook for more laughs, join our newsletter for maximum cuteness, and then scroll through these photos of 24 dogs digging very important holes. Your life is about to get 2,000 percent more adorable. Congratulations!