Hammer time has never looked so cute.
Video of the Day
Such is the takeaway from #thorgi, a popular hashtag at Instagram where dog owners are posting images of their stubby-legged pups costumed as Thor, a/k/a heir to the throne of Asgard, a founding member of the Avengers, and, right now at least, the undisputed king of the box office.
And we have a simple portmanteau to thank for it because corgi + Thor = Thorgi.
While the concept isn't entirely new (see this College Humor post from 2012), it's topical again because of Marvel Studio's most recent film, Thor: Ragnarok, which has been raking in all of the Infinity gems at movie theaters everywhere since it was released earlier this month.
Compiled below: 15 of our favorite cosplaying corgis for your scrolling pleasure, with silly captions (mostly) borrowed from Thor's assorted appearances in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
1. Whosoever holds this squeak-toy, if he be worthy, shall possess the power of ... *THORGI*.
2. 10/10 of superhero fans would let this Thorgi fetch the Tesseract.
3. "I choose to run towards my problems, and not away from them. Because's that what heroes do."
4. "We're the same, you and I. Just a couple of hot-headed fools."
5. "Hey! We know each other, he's a friend from work!"
6. "This mortal form has grown weak. I need sustenance!"
7. "So much has happened since I last saw you! I lost my hammer, like yesterday, so that's still fresh. Then I went on a journey of self-discovery. Then I met you."
8. Some know him as the Lord of Thunder, but his furriends call him Point Break.
9. Like Thor's hammer, Mjolnir, this trophy was forged in the heart of a dying star.
10. "There was one time my brother transformed himself into a snake because he knows how much I like snakes, and so I picked the snake up to admire it, but then he turned back and went 'AAHH! It's me!' And then he stabbed me."
11. "We need to stop her here and now, to prevent Ragnarok, the end of everything! So I’m putting together a team. Like the old days."
12. "Now I know what your thinking: How did this happen? Well, it’s a long story."
13. "Your ancestors called it magic ... but you call it science. I come from a land where they are one and the same."
14. "You dare tease Thor with such a puny bone...?"
15. "IS *THAT* THE BEST YOU CAN DO?"
Is your corgi a spandexed superhero? Tell us about it in the comments below!