Squirrels don't make good very pets — after all, they're wild animals — but dang it, they're so cute! Why would they be so cute if we weren't supposed to bring them inside and cuddle them? Truly one of nature's cruelest tricks!
1. When you show up late to the bird feeder and all the best nuts are gone.
2. "Earned enough trust from the momma squirrel on my roof, she brought her baby to see me today!"
3. Fun fact: adult squirrels sleep for 15-20 hours a day.
4. "Just moved to a new house. First visitors."
5. This squirrel is doing its best quokka impression.
6. Remmy, the rescue squirrel, cuddles up to an orphaned deer mouse at the wildlife rehab facility where she lives.
7. If squirrels were Pokémon, this would be a shiny.
8. "This is Charlie! Her favorite nut is the pecan. She enjoys early morning frolics and wrestling with her brothers."
9. This is Ziggy — he's four years old, but doesn't look a day over two.
10. Find a cuter animal. Go ahead, we'll wait.
11. "Excuse me — where are all the seeds?"
12. When people say "bright-eyed and bushy-tailed," this is what they mean, right?
13. Add "squirrels playing in grass cuttings" to the list of things we didn't know we needed to see.
15. "We have a new friend!"
16. University students built a monument to honor a squirrel that canceled classes by gnawing through the power lines.