Depending on who you ask, the holiday season is a time for joy, gratitude, and family; or it's a time for stress, anxiety, and crazy relatives. Please allow these adorable animals to illustrate why travelling home during the holidays sucks.
1. When your parents immediately put you to work on household chores
2. You and your siblings immediately revert to your pre-adolescent behavior
3. Waiting in line at airport security with two million other stressed out strangers.
4. Your plane finally lands, and then you taxi around the airport for the rest of your life
5. The realization that none of your old friends are back in town yet
Credit: velvetbrows/ Tumblr
6. Your baby cousin who thinks you’re the coolest and won’t leave you alone.
Credit: Daily Haha
7. That aunt who always pinches your cheek and tells you how much you’ve grown
Credit: iheartmiles / Instagram
8. Trying to fit into your old twin bed
Credit: unrulytails/ Instagram
9. Pretending that you love the new sweater your grandma got you
Credit: Funny As Duck
10. Trying not to get involved during family “discussions” about religion/politics/whatever
11. When your mom is really (really really) happy to see you
12. Smiling for endless family photos
13. When you’re hungry, but you have to wait for everyone else to start eating