If you’re a dog owner, you’re all too familiar with the following scenario.
You’re puttering around the house, getting things done. Then all of a sudden you have the strange but unshakable feeling that someone is watching you. You spin around and then you see it. Your pup, crouched in an impressive hiding place, tracking your every move.
It would be totally terrifying if it wasn’t so straight-up adorable. Okay, whatever, it’s a little creepy, but it’s MOSTLY adorable and it’s 100 percent hilarious.
1. Someone found the perfect use for this random hole in the wall.
Credit: Jan Sarmiento/Facebook
2. “Like, if you just hide behind a bunch of plants, and no one can see you, right?”
3. "Pay NO attention to the dog behind the giant log."
4. “They’ll never spot me here.”
5. “Or here.”
6. “And DEFINITELY NOT HERE.”
7. Every good spy needs a stakeout buddy.
8. “Um, this is how you use camouflage, right?”
9. “Am I doing this correctly?”
10. If you’ve got dog-sized sleeves, you might want to double-check that jacket you left sprawled over your couch...
11. Then there’s the classic “hiding under the bed” go-to move.
12. And the slightly-less-classic “hiding on top of the bed” maneuver.
13. And the just completely ridiculous dragging-all-the-bedding-to-one-corner-of-the-bed-and-hiding-behind-it ploy.
14. Or just smoosh two pillows together, like this cutie did.
15. Curtains were basically invented to be a hiding place for dogs.
16. Check under your wheel for furry spies before you start driving.
17. “Just your average, ordinary, everyday table; nothing to see here, folks!”