For as long as I've had a cell phone, its lock screen has been set to an image of a cat. Cats I know IRL, viral cats I'd like to meet, meme cats who only exist in the collective consciousness: All have taken their turns occupying this prime slice of real estate on my mobile device.
28 of the Best Cat Lock Screens Ever
Curiosity piqued, I recently took to a popular Facebook forum where I asked others to share their kitteh-themed lock screens — after posting mine of course (because cat tax)!
And the resultant thread, which spawned more than 100+ submissions, was both mind-blowing and relatable. From portraits and Photoshops to illustrations and funny macros, it was evident I was not alone in my dedication to the cause.
Assembled below then for your scrolling pleasure: 25 of the cutest, funniest, and most a-mew-sing (sorry, not sorry) cat-themed lock screens!
1. With a costumed cat on your lock screen, Halloween really can be every day. 🤔
2. On Earth or off, the only thing cats really need is a window from which to stare at birds.
4. Chonky snowcat cosplay FTW!
5. 🎵 Lady in red 🎵
6. Hipster cat was into pumpkin spice lattes before pumpkin spice lattes were cool. 😂
7. "My old kitty (RIP😿💕)"
8. The elusive, rarely spotted unicat.
9. Window snugs and window squishes are chicken soup for the soul.
10. Camera's out, tongue's out!
11. This Photoshop goes to 11.
12. Me: Cats don't need clothes and humans should stop forcing them into outfits. Also me [squealing]: "OMIGOD THAT CAT IS GARBED IN A SUSHI OUTFIT AND I LITERALLY CANT EVEN"
13. Double troubs!
14. "He doin a screm" 😱
15. It is me, your new password purr-tector.
16. Those eyes tho 😲
17. Chapter 1: Apocalypse Meow
18. Stalkers gonna stalk.
19. Cue the Chamillionaire/Ridin' Dirty jokes....
20. Pretty kitty! 😘
21. For the record this is my lock screen that I used to prompt everyone's submissions. LONG LIVE BUSINESS CAT!
22. Mondays, amirite or amirite?
23. Bats apparently aren't the only critters who like to hang upside down. 😉
24. "Our Baby Girl enjoying her movie theater cheese."
25. The ole good cop-bad cop play.
26. Take 2 of these and call me in the morning.
27. Already floofing at a 12th grade level.
28. 13/10 fancy cats would breakfast at Tiffany's.
Got kitties on your keypad? Share them with us in the comments below or on Facebook page!