People are sharing photos of their adopted rescue pets and it is too pure. Here are 18 stories that will make you feel all the things.
1. Yesterday I adopted the oldest shelter dog. I'll never forget his eyes. When I went into the cage he didn't even bother to look, he knew I wouldn't even see him. I hugged him and told him that now he'll be happy again. These days he can often be found asleep in my lap."
2. "My wonderful sweet dog just hid in the corner and wouldn’t interact with anyone. Today she is a joyous loving pooch."
3. "My buddy Steiner (short for Einstein)...he wouldn’t even walk…he didn’t like change. [After we got close,] he traveled the southwest with me."
4. "I’ve adopted older cats as well. They have all been unique wonderful joys in my life. This is my Jazzy I’ve had her for 3yrs she was feral, pregnant, and sick."
5. "Walked into the shelter and asked which cat had been there the longest... came home with a deaf, toothless senior lovebug."
6. "I have just started checking out the dogs at my local rescue. There is one who they say needs an angel. Frosty yelps at any human touch. Vet checked — he's ok. It's learned behavior. Estimated to be 7-8 yrs old."
7. "At the animal shelter, I asked for the dog that had been there the longest. I got Lucy first and then thought she needed a brother. Lucy and Ricky have been with me for 12 years and have brought me so much love."
8. "This is Oliver. Was at the local pound and no one would risk taking him due to heartworms. He survived treatment for an entire year and grew up to be a healthy, calm, smart, blonde beauty!"
9. "This is Wrangler. We took this sweet boy on a ‘doggie field trip’ offered by the local shelter when we were on vacation in Hawaii. One of the employees told us he was next in line to be euthanized. Needless to say, he flew home w us later that week."
10. "The day we picked Lola up, I don’t think she understood what love was until now."
11. "This is our latest rescue. He is not at all spoiled."
12. "Neither is this one [spoiled] 🤣"
13. "Our rescue has allowed us to stay in his house 🤣 🐾♥️🐾"
14. "This is our rescue Walter. When we got him, someone had put out cigarettes on him. 😡 His eyes were old souls. He is a love."
15. "My company had an adoption event. I saw Cooper and thought he was the most handsome dog. I knelt beside him, the volunteer said that he’d never given anyone else kisses and was overjoyed. I told my husband he needed us, that we could help him. Nearly 3 years later, here we are. ❤️"
16. "9 years ago I drove 3 hours to adopt a scrawny little red dog that was “too sick to save” and was going to be put down the next day. All she needed was $40 in antibiotics and some TLC to become a gorgeous Shiba Inu."
17. "My 10-year-old rescue, Rocky. Taking a nap on my bed. He is just the best, even if I have to nudge him over to have a place for my legs every night."
18. "This was Toki. I went on vacation in 2009 in Idaho and found a tiny fuzz ball of a kitten cowering under the deck of the house I was staying at. He was wild. Over the course of my stay, he opened up to me and I knew I couldn't leave him there so I took him back to Utah with me."