The future draws closer every single day: Scientists at Uber and Lyft, the two largest rideshare companies, have been testing self-driving cars over the last couple of months.
Video of the Day
That's cool and impressive, sure, but what if they instead focused their collective efforts on something much more IMPORTANT like teaching dogs to drive?!?
Until that day comes, here then are 16 photos of doggos, both big and small, piloting their human's automobiles.
1. 10/10 passengers would rate this majestic AF Shiba 5-stars based solely on looks alone.
2. When when the driver in front of you — likely a cat, because cats are thoughtless, insufferable jerks — changes lanes without signaling.
3. This country poodle who picks you up in a sweet ATV.
4. Some uberPOOL drivers get impatient when you aren't ready right away, but this isn't one of them.
5. This dog who circles back after discovering that you left your iPhone charger behind!
6. These elf dogs who poached the keys to Santa's daily driver when he wasn't looking.
7. When the driver arrives at your location and you've just canceled the ride. He's not mad, just disappointed.
"So much for my tip."
8. While this dog can't reach the gas pedal, he will keep your neck warm with cuddles. Because priorities!
9. Nose boops, it's been said, improve tips by 436 percent!
10. The dog who is alway excited to volunteer to drive you to the park or the beach.
"Are you absolutely sure that I am not allowed to drive🥺?"