The future draws closer every single day: Scientists at Uber and Lyft, the two largest rideshare companies, have been testing self-driving cars over the last couple of months. That's cool and impressive, sure, but what if they instead focused their collective efforts on something much more IMPORTANT like teaching dogs to drive?!?
Until that day comes, here then are 16 photos of doggos, both big and small, piloting their human's automobiles.
1. 10/10 passengers would rate this majestic AF Shiba 5-stars based solely on looks alone.
2. When when the driver in front of you — likely a cat, because cats are thoughtless, insufferable jerks — changes lanes without signaling.
3. This country poodle who picks you up in a sweet ATV.
4. Some uberPOOL drivers get impatient when you aren't ready right away, but this isn't one of them.
5. This dog who reminds you that you left your iPhone charger!
6. The dogs who celebrate Christmas every day of the year.
7. When the driver arrives at your location and you've just canceled the ride. He's not mad, just disappointed.
8. While this dog can't reach the gas pedal, he will keep your neck warm with cuddles. Because priorities!
9. Nose boops, it's been said, improve tips by 436 percent!
10. The dog who is alway excited to drive you to the park or the beach.
11. Reminder: Keep both paws on the steering wheel at all times. Eyes on the road, mister.
12. Some drivers lean on the horn too much but this cutie isn't one of them.
13. "I need mohr coffee STAT"
14. This dog who's if full "Captain Phillips" mode: "Look at me. I'm the captain now."
15. If you ask politely, some driving dogs will hit up the drive-through for you.
16. This dapper driving dog will leave a great impression on your date.