Like the years before it, 2017 has come and largely gone.
And also like the years before it, 2017 left us with some unforgettable cats doing unforgettable cat stuff.
From crashing the Westminster Dog Show and ringing bells for treats to befriending window washers and slipping into trust falls, these are the headline-generating felines everybody — and I mean EVERYBODY — was talking about during what will likely be looked back on as a really weird year.
1. This cat who activated turbo mode on his doggy BFF.
Full Story: Dog Dashes Back And Forth At Top Of Staircase
2. These Japanese cats ringing desk bells for treats. #bigmistake
3. These kittens who cosplayed as Taylor Swift in a flawless recreation of her video for "Look What You Made Me Do".
4. This cat who dances for money — and then turns the cash over to a local shelter to help other animals in need.
5. This cat who bonded with the window washers.
6. This badass tabby who became a symbol of hope and perseverance after it was spotted swimming through floodwaters in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey.
7. This cat who slinked into frame at the ~exact right~ moment.
8. This cat undoing millions of years of evolutionary biology (NO BIG DEAL).
Full Story: Watch This Action Cat Do An Actual Trust Fall
9. These cats with more curls than a gym on arm day.
Full Story: 'Poodle Cats' Are Now A Thing
10. Pretty much any kitty featured on Bodega Cats Of Instagram, one of our favorite follows on the photo-sharing platform.
11. This adventure cat who's been traveling around Australia with his human in the comfort of a plush camper van. #bestlife
Full Story: Man Quits Day Job To Live In A Van With His Cat
12. This kitten with the looooooooooooongest legs evah that has a future as a su-purr-model (soz, not soz) strutting her stuff on the catwalk.
13. This cat with a cat-shaped loaf of black fur — on her nose! #Catception
14. This cat who thinks he's a dalmatian.
15. This cat who fought the law — and won!
16. This gym cat bossing all the gym rats around.
Full Story: Crossfit Cat Wants To Know If You Even Lift, Bro
17. This tabby who was feted with a lavish spread on her 15th birthday.
18. Stir-fry, the tuxedo kitten who adopted Food Network's Alton Brown as his forever human.
We 👀 you, Stir-fry!
19. This lost kitten who hitched a ride back to town with a cyclist who spotted her alone on the side of the road.
Full Story: Kitten Loves On Cyclist Who Saved Her Life
20. This gigantic ginger who's been rewriting the record book.
21. This kitten who was on the table in the middle of the room — until she wasn't. #Houdinicat
22. This cat who got less than he bargained for when his owner bought a miniature cat tree sized for a dollhouse! 😂 😂 😂
Full Story: Cat Owner In The Dog House After Amazon Purchase
23. These kittens who left actress Emma Watson speechless during an interview with BuzzFeed.
Full Story: Emma Watson Could Barely Focus Because Kittens
24. This "office cat" who was finally rehomed after living in an Australian shelter for more than a year. 💗 💗 💗
25. This paw-and-order cat living a fab life thanks to a chic kitty condo built and furnished by Boston SWAT cops.
26. This ragdoll and his baby bro taking turns in a swing.
Adding spin with the tail = BRILLZ!
27. The pretty kitties who crashed this year's Westminster Dog Show.
Did we miss your favorite viral cat from 2017? Share their story in the comments below!