So you got a new dog! Congrats, that's sooooooo awesome. Here's to years of walks, cuddles, and adorable selfies.
100 Adorable Names If You Have a White Dog
But now comes the moment of truth because any old name just won't cut it, especially if your pup comes dressed in a distinctive white coat of fur.
To help you crack the nomenclature code, we've compiled
50 100+ adorable names perfect for white dogs below. Pulled from the worlds of food, flowers, pop culture, weather, and more, they'll be guaranteed to help you match your new BFF with a name that reflects their personality and how special they are.
White dog names inspired by food.
• Eggs, Eggy, or Egg Nog
• Marzipan or Marzabean
White dog names inspired by beverages.
• Milky or Milkshake
White dog names inspired by flowers, plants, and trees.
• Cotton or Cottonball
White dog names inspired by place.
• Cliff (as in the White Cliffs of Dover, an enduring symbol of the English coastline)
• Yukon (This is great because it lends itself to a wicked cool pun. When you play chase at the park, you can turn around and say "Catch me if Yukon" and he or she will bork back vigorously in agreement.)
White dog names inspired by meteorological and astronomical phenomena
• Blizzard or Blizzy
• Cirrus (a type of cloud)
• Gelo (Portuguese for ice)
• Iggy (short for Igloo)
• Snowy or Snowball
• Yeti (as in the mystical ape-like snow creature)
White dog names inspired by rocks, gems, and minerals.
White dog names inspired by pop culture and sports.
• Artemis (Greek goddess of the moon)
• Artoo Dogtoo (a pun on the iconic droid of Star Wars fame)
• Apple (as in the tech company, which wraps almost all of its products in a white shell or housing)
• Betty (as in the actress and star of The Golden Girls)
• Bolt (the animated Disney character voiced by John Travolta)
• Casper (the ghost)
• Dr. Emmett Brown or Emmett (in honor of the wild-haired scientist of from the Back To The Future franchise)
• Fang (as in the tooth or the book of the same name by author Jack London)
• Harvey or Keitel (the actor that played Mr. White in Quentin Tarantino's Reservoir Dogs)
• Herbie (the talking Volkswagen, also known as The Love Bug)
• Jack (guitarist and vocalist in The White Stripes)
• Jaws (as in the great white shark)
• Khaleesi (the dragon queen from Game Of Thrones)
• Oprah (included because the media mogul throws an annual white-tie shindig with all the hottest celebs)
• Rabbit (as in the White Rabbit from Alice In Wonderland)
• Saruman (the wizard from Tolkien's Fellowship Of The Ring trilogy)
• Snoopy (because duh!)
• Stripe (the leader of the mischievous gremlins, who's signature feature is a white mohawk)
• Vanna (the letter-turning host of the Wheel Of Fortune)
• Walker (as in White Walkers, the murderous humanoid zombies from Game Of Thrones)
• Wimbledon (as in the tennis tournament which enforces an all-white dress code for its players, plus dogs love chasing tennis balls!)
Toys and household object names.
• Knight (as in the chess piece)
Fun white dog nicknames.
• Beowoof (a good pun is its own reword)
• Sands or Sandy
• Tux (as in the men's wear)