Traveling can be exciting, even fun — unless it involves leaving a pet behind. Then it's a struggle of ill-conceived plans to bring them with you, whether the airline/hotel/relative you're staying with allows pets or not. Allergies smallergies, right? Here are 17 thoughts every pet parent who travels can relate to.
1. "I'm so excited about my trip!"
2. "But wait—my pet can't come?"
3. "There is only one essential."
4. "Just act natural and the TSA won't suspect a thing."
5. "Maybe if I train him to be very still people will believe he's a stuffed animal?"
6. "This is my 'personal item.'"
7. "Is this just crazy or so crazy it just might work...no. I'm a bad human. This is a bad idea."
8. "They KNOW. They know I'm packing and leaving and not bringing them with me."
9. "That look. Don't give me THAT look."
10. "We're on the same page — I WANT you to come."
11. "I should be annoyed because I'm running late, but I can't be because I'm so glad you want me to stay."
12. "And honestly, I love how loved I feel right now, even though I'm also SO, SO sad."
13. "Okay, this is very creative, but still no."
14. "I would sacrifice my carry-on for you."
15. "Okay, you can come, but pack light."
16. "I do love that Just-Got-Back-From-a-Trip love though."
17. Because you know they're always there waiting for you to get back.