These Puppies Were Saved At The Last Minute From An Unlikely Place
It's always devastating to see animals being mistreated in any way, but this story is one of the strangest sad puppy tales we've heard in a while.
This week, two small puppies were rescued from a reptile exhibition in Irmo, South Carolina — seriously. The pups were for sale at the exhibition, in the "venomous" section of all places. Thankfully, a concerned citizen spotted the pups and alerted Rescue Dogs Rock NYC who stepped up to save the day.
"Of course everyone was deathly worried they'd end up being food there!! It's extremely hot & they were in this cage yesterday in the heat without even water!!!" the shelter wrote in a Facebook post. "Couldn't get them yesterday because the exhibition was closed before we could get there, but we are very happy to report that they are now SAFE with us this morning."
The representatives from Rescue Dogs Rock NYC got the puppies to a vet in South Carolina ASAP, explaining that they didn't appear to be in good health when they were recovered.
The vet reported that the puppies were covered in fleas and were very likely anemic and "full of parasites," according to the shelter's Facebook post.
Thankfully, the shelter reports that the dogs are doing much better now, after a little TLC (and, of course, a lot of fluids and top-notch medical care).
Are you interested in learning more about what you're reading? Then scroll through this article about 10 dog breeds with the most expensive veterinary bills. Also, like us on Facebook and join our newsletter to learn more about your pet's behavior.