Less than two weeks after Hurricane Harvey devastated Houston, Hurricane Irma is impacting residents of Florida and Puerto Rico. Here are 19 animals impacted by Hurricane Irma that will touch your heart.
19 Pets Rescued From Hurricane Irma That Will Get You Right In The Feels
1. The Friends of Palm Beach County Animal Care and Control have set aside plenty of space for pups in need of shelter.
2. And SO many pet owners have made sure to save their furry family (because they ARE family).
3. Even if that means taking them on long road trips.
4. Some pet owners even got their dogs and cats life jackets because you can never be too cautious.
5. Hats off to the humans who are working day and night to help the furry friends impacted by Irma.
6. Like this guy, who is literally running into streets to save dogs:
7. Even other dogs are getting in on the giving, donating their time as foster pup parents.
8. But some dogs haven't been lucky enough to find shelter right away—can the whole internet band together to find this guy?
9. And to get help for pets who have been separated from (or even sadder—abandoned by) their owners:
10. Because reuniting a lost pet with their owner is ALWAYS amazing, but especially during a crisis like this one.
11. You can just SEE the love in their eyes:
12. Dogs and cats aren't the only animals seeking shelter from the storm:
13. Lots of marine animals need our help too:
14. Some incredible humans are even taking horses into their homes to keep them safe from the storm:
15. Let this image serve as a reminder of how dangerous it is for pets out there right now:
16. Remember: A LOT goes into caring for these animals.
17. And some places are offering discounted boarding for pets who need a place to go during the storm:
18. But the storm will leave a lot of pets in need of loving homes:
19. If you want to help, area shelters are collecting donations right now:
Are you interested in learning more about what you're reading? Then scroll through this article about rescuers discovering and saving pets during Hurricane Irma. Also, like us on Facebook and join our newsletter to learn more about your pet's behavior.