We're Hiring a Content & Social Media Intern!
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED.
Are you a looking to break into Web Content/Copywriting and Social Media marketing? Cuteness.com is looking for you!
Job Title: Content & Social Media Intern - Cuteness.com
This is a PAID Internship.
Located in Santa Monica, CA.
Cuteness is a fun pet community made exclusively for animals and animal people, where pets of all types can have their own profile page complete with photos, videos, comments, and more. We're currently developing an online marketplace where anyone can buy and sell all things animal related (handmade, vintage, used, etc.).
We're looking for a Web Content and Copywriting intern specializing in social media to help build the Cuteness brand prior to the launch of our marketplace, and to assist in maintaining (and driving traffic to) our pet article blog. Our primary focus is on Facebook, but we're looking to increase our presence on Pinterest and Instagram. If you love animals (being a pet owner is a plus!), have excellent copywriting skills, are social media savvy, and want to work with a dedicated team of animal lovers in a casual environment, we want to speak with you!
• Write engaging copy promoting Cuteness.com's original web content and post on social media platforms multiple times throughout the day
• Track success of all social media posts (i.e. number of public interactions) and communicate progress with the team during daily meetings
• Source and resize images to accompany pet-related web articles and social media posts
• Grow our social fans by finding users to follow/friend/like our business
• Engage followers in conversation – always respond to comments or concerns within 24 hours
• Proofread and fact check articles
• Possibly assist in writing email newsletters and blog content
• Monitor similar brands and stay current on social media trends
• Perform other content and marketing duties as needed
• College student or graduate with major in communications, writing, marketing or PR
• Experience with creating/managing presence on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and other online communities
• Must have excellent copywriting skills and must provide samples
• Experience with web content management systems
• An eye for photography
• Basic, working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop (will know how to crop and resize images for the web)
• Passion for technology, business, social media, and a start-up environment
• Proficient in Google Apps
• Strong research skills
• Ability to communicate effectively with the team and thrive in fast-paced environment
• The desire and ability to learn on the fly
• Come up with creative workarounds when time and resources are scarce.
• Team player/collaborative operating style